Saturday, August 23, 2014

Big Fat Yard Sale SUCCESS!!!


Our last yard sale was amazingly successful!!! So much so... it looks like we'll be doing another one on September 27th!



People were so incredibly generous. I'm still in shock and awe at how much love and support we received from friends, family, and even complete strangers. We had several people stop just because our sign had the word "adoption" in it and they wanted to support adoption. Our families donated a ton, helped for days beforehand, helped to load the truck the night before, helped unload and set up at 5AM(!!!), stayed all day to help sell and keep setting up, and helped reload the truck. It was the longest day ever and they were complete troopers through the whole thing. We had friends bake the most incredible cinnamon rolls to sell, they donated tons and tons of stuff (including a kitchen sink! Ha ha...), and bought and donated all day long.

I'm sure you're wondering how much we raised... drumroll please......... $3,750!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe it!!!!!!!! What a giant leap ahead towards bringing our child home!!!!!!

Thank you to everyone that helped to support us in every way possible. We are so dang lucky to have so much support and love for our little family! Hope to see you at the next one!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so coming to the next one! And I also have some clothes that I'd like to donate if you want them :)

    ReplyDelete